WordPress has released a new widget that automatically builds and maintains a blogroll from the blogs you follow in WordPress. If you have a WordPress account and are signed in, you can follow a blog by clicking on follow in the header. You can add the blogs I follow widget by selecting widgets in the appearance menu from the dashboard. Drag the blogs I follow widget to the sidebar where you want it to appear. You then have the choice to show a grid of images or a list of links. The default is twenty, but you can change the number of blogs to show.
Of course this only works for WordPress blogs, so you still might want to keep a blogroll or list of links for all other blogs.
WordPress also added Posts I Like (posts you’ve recently liked) My Community (people who liked, commented on or followed your blog)and Gravatar Profile (shows your picture and profile from Gravatar) widgets.
- Which flavour do you prefer? WordPress.com or WordPress.org (womanontheedgeofreality.com)
- Bloggers Getting More Social with New Widgets from WordPress (pamil-visions.net)
- 7-14-2012 | WordPress.com | Top Posts & Pages Widget Update | Posts I Like Widget | Blogs I Follow Widget (goodjohnjr.wordpress.com)
- The Trouble With Blogrolls (berinkinsman.wordpress.com)
- Stop This Craziness, I Want To Get Off (table4five.net)