Knowen is a site that lets you search many sites at one time to find out if a username is in use. There are other sites (NameChk, NameCheck, UserNameCheck, etc) that offer a similar service, but Knowem seems more comprehensive and divides the sites into categories. If you don’t agree or have a better method, please let me know in the comments.
NameChk seems to be the fastest.
Both sites also show which domains are available for the chosen name.
Knowem also provides free profiles and paid premium services.
- Check Social Media Network Username Available With Knowem (ghacks.net)
- A Stalker’s Guide to Competitive Research (blueglass.com)
- Knowem: Check Every Social Networking Site At Once (business-opportunities.biz)
- Five Tools for Naming a Startup (entrepreneur.com)
- Klout and PeerIndex Don’t Measure Influence. Brian Solis Explains What They Actually Do (techcrunch.com)
- 10 Social Media Crisis Questions Dole Food Company Failed To Answer (socialfresh.com)