Etsy is a social online marketplace for artists and crafters. Only handmade items, craft supplies and vintage (must be over 20 years old) items are allowed for sale on Etsy. There are definitions on the site that explain their rules for what can be offered for sale and who can sell it. Most shops are run by individuals, there are also rules that allow collectives.
The community section states, “Etsy is more than a marketplace: we’re a community of artists, creators, collectors, thinkers and doers.”
The extensive help section includes a forum and much more information about how to use the site.
- Do you Etsy? (ridingwiththetopdown.wordpress.com)
- Here are Etsy’s own tips for getting your goods noticed and sold on the online craft marketplace (thenextweb.com)
- On Etsy, Scandals Highlight Thin Line Between ‘Handmade’ And ‘Factory-Made’ Crafts (huffingtonpost.com)
- Etsy: A Beginner’s Guide to the Crafty Ecommerce Site (clixto7.com)
- Build an Online Empire | EverythingEtsy Infographic (mymoopig.wordpress.com)
- Seniors Get Crafty for Online Fun–and Profit (newamericamedia.org)
- Etsy’s Reseller Debacle: Handmade Site Features Questionable Goods (webpronews.com)
- Love Etsy? (thepaintedcottagehome.com)
- Announcing Etsy Weddings & Wedding Registry (etsy.com)