My Body Gallery is a body image site for women. The goal is to show what real women look like. You can search for pictures by height and weight. There are other criteria you can filter by such as age, body type and clothing size, but not everyone enters that data.
I think it proves Garfield‘s point when he said, “I’m not overweight, I’m undertall.”
Most women have a hard time seeing themselves objectively. This site helps provide a visual context for the numbers
. The site still needs more women of all shapes and sizes to upload full body pictures of themselves. The software lets you hide your face so you can’t be identified. You do have to be at least 18 years old to upload a picture.
- “ALL BODIES ARE GOOD BODIES” . . . love the skin you’re in! (free2bme123.wordpress.com)
- Does Comparing Your Body to Other Women’s Make You Feel Better? Or Worse? (bellasugar.com)
- The skinny on celebrities: Study finds thin stars in magazines may help women’s body image (canada.com)
- Battle of the Airbrush: Arizona Bill Targets Digitally Altered Ads (newsfeed.time.com)
- Mirror, mirror on the wall (thehindu.com)
- From “The Fat Nutritionist” (thebalancedsoul.wordpress.com)
- Something all females should read (lidenskab.wordpress.com)
- The Complexity of Beauty. (lucialorenzi.wordpress.com)